- Everyone knows who I am here: Once, my daughter was walking downtown with her dad who rarely comes up. Before the day was through I had received over ten phone calls about my daughter being seen in town with a man they didn't recognize. I felt so safe!
- There is only one stop light.
- I am surrounded by trees and the beauty of nature. I rarely worry about air quality (unless there is a fluke forest fire.)
- I leave my car unlocked, with the keys on the floorboard and my purse on the seat, and it is all there when I return to it.
- My garage is open right now and I never have to lock my door...ever.
- The newspaper police reports typically contain headlines like "Man knocks over trash cans, police are called."
- I can get free coffee, free meals, personal credit at boutiques and I have never ever paid to park anywhere.
- Three times a year the main street is closed off for street fairs, and wine drinking is encouraged.
- I pay 1000 dollars a month for a four bedroom house with a rose garden in the back yard.
- My children are safe here. It's like 1955 but with better cars!
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
The top ten reasons that I love my little town!
I used to imagine living in a big city. One full of lights and excitement. Finally, at age 23 I had gotten my chance. It was 2005 and I moved to Seattle with big plans to bring my daughter out there and start a new life in the big city...That only lasted a few months! I moved back to my little town in California, where my daughter was waiting for me in the care of my parents, so that I could give her something that the big city could never offer. Now, at age 30 and with another child, I have come to appreciate the little town that raised me. So I decided to list the top ten reasons that I left my big city dreams behind.